Classes and Workshops
Just like an orchestra, you can tune your own body.
We believe in the healing power of sound.
We can feel our body shifting when we turn on the radio and our favorite song happens to be playing, or when we sit quietly and listen to the rain.
There is a palpable peace when we are absorbed in quiet and a different kind of rejuvenation when we hear the wind in the trees.
There is no doubt that sound has subtle, but profound effects on our body, minds and spirits.
How exactly does sound work, though, to heal us?
Certain frequencies are very healing for the human body.
When we ‘entrain’ with healing frequencies, our bodies and minds vibrate in harmony.
These may include:
- Signals cells and tissues to heal. Leaves the body feeling rejuvenated.
- Liberates guilt and fear to make way for higher vibrating emotions.
- Allows the ‘undoing’ of challenging situations.
- Said to heal DNA, repair cells, and awaken consciousness
- This is the vibration associated to the heart. It allows feelings of love for self and ‘other’ until there is no longer a distinction. To balance relationships, listen to this frequency.
- Said to clean the cells and heal them from exposure to electromagnetic radiation.
- Helps shift someone into empowerment so they can create the reality they wish to see.
- Awakens intuition.
- Activates the pineal gland, and aligns the body to its perfect, original state.
Of course, there are further frequencies, many of which that are not even within the human range of hearing, but they are healing nonetheless.
George Lakhovsky, a Russian engineer understood the power of sound as well. He understood that certain frequencies would make a living being grow stronger! You can read more about this here: Why Sound Heals. That is why “Sound Healing” is such an important part of our offerings at A Gentle Way Yoga Center.
Amanda Domnitz is a 500-Hour Certified Yoga Teacher, Registered Sound Healing Therapist, Registered Nurse, and Energy Healer. She uses vibration as a healing modality and has been holding crystal bowl workshops since 2011. Amanda has taught yoga classes and led workshops all over San Diego and we are delighted she shares her wisdom with us at A Gentle Way.
Sound Healing Workshops at A Gentle Way:
First Mondays from 6:30pm to 7:45pm with some exceptions.
Restorative Yoga and Sound Healing
First Tuesday of each month from 12:30pm-1:45pm with some exceptions.