The Magical Powers of Sanskrit
Guest Teacher – Cynthia Snodgrass
“Use the language of yoga to heal yourself –
Sound healing takes away my body pain” Lanita
Sanskrit Tunes Our Inner Bodies!
Sanskrit is more than a language – it IS Yoga – The language of Yoga vibrates. A deeper connection to ourselves and with others is created by the quality of our vibration. Sounds have a profound positive or negative affect on our physical and subtle bodies.
Rev. Dr. Cynthia Snodgrass, PhD, E-RYT200, RYT500
Owner of the Sacred Sound Institute – Gainesville, Florida, is a Sanskrit Scholar & Vocalist. She has helped hundreds of people discover their own deep connection with this beautiful language. Cynthia is a dedicated student of Vyaas Houston of American Sanskrit Institute, and teacher of their Houston Method.TM She holds a PhD from the University of Stirling, UK, Scotland, and has studied Vedic Sanskrit at Harvard. She is also a Surya-Chandra Yoga Therapist, and founder of the Sacred Sound Institute. She has produced these CDs: Pronouncing the Sanskrit Names of Yoga Postures; Sanskrit Prayers + Invocations; Dream Chants East and West; and An Altar of Sound. (Available at this workshop)
“I was expecting something really dry and boring, but you made this so much fun! Thank you Cynthia for bringing Sanskrit alive for me.” — Jennifer, VA
Our special guest teacher offers a few fun tips about transliteration, and a new point of view, so you will be able:
- Pronounce the Sanskrit names of yoga postures without “fear and trembling”
- Expand your breathing with Sanskrit to increase asana endurance and strengthen your body
- Identify “blocks” in your own practice (Yoga Sutras I.30-31)
- Transform old habits into fresh insight with the Houston Method of Yogic LearningTM
- Decipher how and why Sanskrit effects the whole body
- Feel how OM still offers us the same direct guidance as that it offered to the ancient teachers — Reduce physical and emotional pain through application of chant from the Mantra MedicaTM
Sanskrit is the ancient language of yoga. Come hear and absorb the original sounds!
- Use the popular Houston Method™ to learn far beyond normal expectations
- Feel more comfortable pronouncing the Sanskrit names of yoga postures
- Integrate transliteration tips to learn the Sanskrit alphabet and begin reading
- Connect with deeper breath control in asana-s coordinated with Sanskrit chant
Sanskrit is the perfect blending of the two – the pure love of language – and thus, pure ‘language of love.’ Its study opens the door to purity, clarity, beauty, knowledge, humility and wisdom — all that is needed to bring our world into balance.” – Vyaas Houston – Founder, American Sanskrit Institute
Come and hear for yourself how Sanskrit is a clear light; “jewel of clarity;” the sounds of your true Self in this transformative weekend workshop!
Part 1 – SAT, MAY 6 from 11:30am to 7:30pm (Cost: $149)
Part 2 – Going Deeper: SUN, MAY 7 from 1:00pm to 8:00pm
Cost: Both Days: $240 – Early Bird Special (Good thru 4/25/17)
$285 After April 25th – $100 – Deposit to hold your space.
Counts as 14-hours of Yoga Alliance CEU Hours, or A Gentle Way 200-Hr RYT Yoga Teacher Training Certification Program or 300-Hr ERYT Advanced Yoga Teacher Training Certification Program hours.
Location & Sponsor: A Gentle Way Yoga and Joyful Movement Center
8274 Parkway Drive Suite 102, La Mesa, CA (619) 698-1170
Or SIGN-UP calling A Gentle Way at (619) 698-1170 today.